How to make a homemade bubble mix
Do you really want to make children happy? Mix them some homemade bubbles! What's more, you can invite them to work and make them together. The internet is full of bubble solution recipes, but mine has one huge advantage. You can use it almost immediately after mixing. You just mix and bubble :).
Making a bubble mix is science. Although I didn't like chemistry and physics during my studies, in the end, these subjects caught up with me anyway. Now I know why and how bubbles are formed. But in addition to the substances themselves, it is also necessary to know the proportions of the substances.
We can mix bubbles ourselves! That's why I invented and tried a first-class bubble blower for you - everyone can do it. Children included. You can take what you have in your kitchen. Although obviously, a bubble mix does not work as perfectly as Zabublej, it works well! Very well! You no longer have to take glycerin and wait 24 hours with no certainty about the result.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Bubble mixing time: 20 minutes
Time for it to settle: 40 minutes (not absolutely necessary, but it improves the quality)
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 2 cups
- A soupspoon
- A teaspoon
- Baking powder
- Dishwashing liquid (Dawn or Fairy work the best)
- Boiled or distilled water
STEP BY STEP:
Get 5 cups of water and boil it. Then let it cool for about 10 minutes. The water should be very warm, not boiling.
Take 1 cup of dishwashing liquid. Pour the mug into warm water. Stir everything thoroughly with a spoon. Rinse the rest of the dishwashing liquid in the mug with the already formed mixture and pour it back into the pot.
Add a teaspoon of baking powder to the mixture and mix thoroughly. Make sure you don't have any pieces in there. Avoid foam.
4. LEAVE IT
Let the mixture sit for about 40 minutes. Then mix gently. Top up your homemade bubble blower and you can bubble. Use under adult supervision.
EXTRA DO-IT-YOURSELF (DIY) TIPS:
- Avoid foam! Whether you are mixing a bubble solution or using a bubble blower - the foam will cause the bubbles to burst. It is good to keep the liquid free of foam. If foam forms, I recommend removing it.
- For a higher quality bubble mix (even for huge mega bubbles !!!) add approx. ½ teaspoons of Guar gum. Stir the gum into the dishwashing liquid first and then mix with water. You can add a slight amount of water (1-2 cups).
- If you want to have big bubbles, get a cotton string, at least 0.5 cm wide. Make a loop out of the string and attach to two sticks. Make the bubbles outside! Immerse the tool in liquid, then remove and allow to drip slightly. Then lift up, open, and allow air to form a bubble from the bubble membrane. By putting the sticks together again, you can close the bubble and it will fly away.
- Check out my article on how bubbles work. You will learn how to handle bubbles, what to be aware of, etc.